Edit the Preparation Type Pick List

Home Forums Tips & Tricks Edit the Preparation Type Pick List

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Norine Spears Norine Spears 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Norine Spears
    Norine Spears

Editing the Preparation Type Pick List

Preparation Type is a Pick List that has an additional function; it determines if specimens with specific preparations can be loaned. For this reason it requires a special form for editing purposes.
    screenshot
    1. To edit the terms in the Preparation Type Pick List choose System > Configuration in the Menu Bar.

Next,
    screenshot
    2. Click the Preparation Type icon on the Side Bar:
    A very simple editing form will appear in the Work Space.

3. Click the Plus icon to create a new term, or the Delete button to remove a term.

4. You may also distinguish whether a specific Preparation Type Is Loanable or not.

5. Each term is individually editable. Click the arrows at the bottom of the screen to navigate to new terms.

You may need to exit Specify and restart to see your changes.

Grau

What happens, if I import an excel file that contains new prep types that are not yet in specify?
    How can I import the prep typ terms into an new collection (let’s say I need 10 prep typ terms in every collection I create – do I have to add them one by one)?

Thank you!

Norine Spears
    Norine Spears

Hi Grau,

You would need to add the prep types by editing the pick list in Specify first – so that when you import through the WorkBench the correct associations are made. Adding 10 to a collection should take less than 5 minutes. If you had hundreds then you might want to discuss alternatives.

thanks,
    – Norine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.