How link a collection object to a determination "label"

Home Forums User Forum How link a collection object to a determination "label"

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Avatarmcouedel.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,
    I’m a new user of specify and I’m looking for link collections objects to a determination “label”. (Many to One)
    In my case we have a lot of specimens, which haven’t a determination yet (we will use a DNA sequence for a later identification). My specimens are grouped by photo’s similitudes for make a morphospecies label. How can I use this morphospecies labels in the /as a determination tree ?
    At the end, when my morphospecies label is determined, I will update the taxonomic labels of this morphospecies and I would like that change also the taxonomics labels of the collections objects desiged.
    Somebody know how can I process ?

Thanks
    Marion

Hi Marion,
    I don’t think many folks are getting messaged through this forum at the moment. Did you get a response from support? If you create a taxon called, for example, “morphospecies1”, you can assign that determination to your specimens. When you have identified the real taxon, you can then change the name of morphospecies1 in the taxon record to whatever it should be (if it is a new taxon), or synonymize/merge the morphospecies1 taxon record with the real taxon record. You do not need to update anything in the object record, because it is linked to that taxon record through the determination, (no independent taxon record exists within the object record).

Hi,
    Tanks for your answer ! I haven’t a response from the support, but I think I will use your solution. I did not understand that no independent taxon record exists within the object record.So I was afraid to create “dirty” phylogenetic trees by renaming my specimens afterwards.

Marion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.