Schema Mapping

Home Forums User Forum Schema Mapping

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Norine Spears Norine Spears 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Janus

I’m trying to export data for GBIF.

There is a schema definition file [Specify > config > tdwg_dwcterms.xsd], which seems to work fine.

I’m however trying to export the taxonomic tree as a checklist.Is there a similar schema definition file for that?

Norine Spears
    Norine Spears

Hi Janus,

If you are exporting your data to GBIF you may wish to take advantage of our Export tool. You can find out more about that function here: https://vimeo.com/117293332 In most cases, you would not export your entire taxonomic tree as a checklist but rather include taxon information as part of the specimen record. If you are trying to export for another function please send us more information and we will try to help.

thank you,
    – Norine

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Norine Spears Norine Spears.
    Janus

There are four dataset classes which can be uploaded to GBIF. One is occurence data, which (probably) is fine to export from Specify, as is.And this is what you are referring to “include taxon information as part of the specimen record”.

However, another GBIF data class is Checklist data, which is what I was thinking about. This class does not require any specimen records.
    In our Specify setup the Taxon tree is being used as our country checklist. Many of the taxa without any specimen record. So, is there any way of exporting the taxon tree or, preferably, a subset of it?

Norine Spears
    Norine Spears

GBIF provides information on this web page: https://github.com/gbif/ipt/wiki/checklistData

It seems like you should be able to create a query using the appropriate Darwin Core fields, export the results as an Excel spreadsheet and then perform any required data editing based on the template GBIF provides.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.